Welcome to our Admission Page and thank you for your interest in applying to our school. You can find details of the admission procedures below or you may contact our school office at 2336-2378 during office hours 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on school days.
Admission Enquiries and Procedures for Form One (2021-2022)
- Admission to Form One at Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section), an aided school, is regulated by the SSPA System. Students are admitted either through the discretionary place system or allocated by the Education Bureau (EDB).
- Candidates who apply for discretionary places are reminded that each student may apply to NOT MORE THAN TWO secondary schools participating in the SSPA System.
- No. of F.1 classes: 5 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
- No. of discretionary places: 54 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
Application for Discretionary Places
1. Application forms of Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section)
can be downloaded from the school website: http://www.mcs.edu.hk
from 4/12/2020 (Friday) to 18/1/2021 (Monday).
2. The completed application forms (both Form A and Form B) must be returned together with the EDB copy of Application Form by parents
to our school office from 4/1/2021 (Monday) to 18/1/2021 (Monday)
(Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.).
3. There is no need to provide recommendation letters of the primary schools.
4. Interviews will be conducted in February / March 2021.
5. The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the Successful Lists for Discretionary Places by email and phone on 31 March 2021 (Wednesday).
Admission Criteria and Weighting
• Academic Performance 35%
• Conduct 10%
• Extra-curricular Activities & Services 25%
• Performance at Interview (onsite / online) 30%
Special Arrangements on the Applications for Form 1(2021-22) Discretionary Places
- In view of the COVID-19 epidemic, the EDB has specially allowed submission of DP applications by post for this SSPA cycle. Parents could consider the needs and associated risks, and arrange to submit the Application Forms and other documents required by post (the postmark date should not be later than the prescribed deadline).
- After receiving parents’ applications by post, the school will return the Parents’ Copy of the Application Form to parents by post for retention.
Guidelines to Applicants 2122 (Updated version 8/1/2021)
Guidelines to Applicants 2122
Download Application Form A
Download Application Form B (Student profile)
Guidelines to set compatibility of Windows 10 users
Admission to Forms 2 & 3 (2021-2022)
If there are vacancies, application forms will be available to interested applicants in April 2021 from our school website.