Welcome to our Admission Page and thank you for your interest in applying to our school.
Admission Enquiries and Procedures for Form One (2019-2020)
Welcome to our Admission Page and thank you for your interest in applying to our school. You can find details of the admission procedures below or you may contact our school office at 2336-2378 during office hours 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on school days.
- Admission to Form One at Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section), an aided school, is regulated by the SSPA System. Students are admitted either through the discretionary place system or allocated by the Education Bureau (EDB).
- Candidates who apply for discretionary places are reminded that each student may apply to NOT MORE THAN TWO secondary schools participating in the SSPA System.
- No. of F.1 classes : 5 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
- No. of discretionary places : 54 (tentative, pending final approval from EDB)
Application for Discretionary Places
1. Application forms of Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section)
can be downloaded from the school website: http://www.mcs.edu.hk
from 5/12/2018 (Wednesday) to 17/1/2019 (Thursday)
2. The completed application forms (both Form A and Form B) must be returned together with the EDB copy of Application Form by parents
to our school office from 3/1/2019 (Thursday) to 17/1/2019 (Thursday)
(Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.).
3. There is no need to provide recommendation letters of the primary schools.
4. All applicants will be invited to attend an interview in March 2019.
5. Successful candidates will be notified by the EDB in July 2019.
Admission Criteria and Weighting
• Academic Performance 35%
• Conduct 10%
• Extra-curricular Activities & Services 25%
• Performance at Interview 30%
Download note to applicants
Download Application Form A
Download Application Form B (Student profile)
Admission to Form 2 & 3 (2019-2020)
If there are vacancies, application forms will be available to interested applicants in March 2019 from our school website.